What we are practicing now...
I call this the "feline spine", and it's a purr-fect summertime practice! Moving fluidly and thoughtfully is a great way to release excess heat from your body. To begin, come into Child's pose and exhale all your breath out.
- On your inhale, round your back high and bring your shoulders over your wrists into Cat pose.
- On your exhale, arch your back and pull your hips back towards your feet.
- Move forward and back that way a few times and when you've got the rhythm of the breath and movement, close your eyes and articulate each piece of your spine, undulating with your breath.
- Repeat this for as long as you like and then move back into Child's pose (to end the practice) or Downward-Facing Dog pose (to continue the practice). Yum!
Schedule Updates and Events...
- New Class Thursdays! Beginning September 23, Lorien will be teaching 2 classes at a new studio in downtown Campbell... more details to come!
- September 25, 1:00-4:00pm Yoga and the Cancer Journey Workshop with Lorien and Michelle Duguay; hosted by Soula Power Yoga studio in downtown San Jose. $35 pre-registered, $45 day of. For more information, see Special Events.
- October 1-3 Yin and Yang Yoga Retreat with Lorien has moved to Mount Madonna Retreat Center in Watsonville; fees have changed, see Special Events for updates.