Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mindfulness Matters Part 2

Last month I participated in a wonderful event at Breathe Los Gatos that raised funds for Japan Relief. I've been to other fundraisers before, but I noticed a difference right away with this one. Before the fundraiser even began, Jennifer Prugh announced that she wanted this event to raise a few thousand dollars; I believe she even targeted an amount around $5,000, but I'm not sure now. What I found bold was her very public announcement of what she wanted to have happen. For much of my life, I kept my desires hidden so as not to be disappointed if they didn't come to fruition. But here was someone fearless enough to state in a very public way what she wanted. And you know what? They raised over $7000 in that event!

I was inspired by Jennifer's daring and decided to go public with what I am working on. As many of you have read by now, I am developing a wellness DVD for a non-profit group called Human Connexus. Last week, I announced that I would campaign to raise funds for this DVD project by posting 108 rounds of Sun Salute variations on YouTube, and I'm asking for 108 donations from participants. I'm putting it out there: I envision that we will raise 108 donations by the end of June!

So, Universe, there is my intention. I'm going to keep that intention in my mind and work towards it with all I say and do in the coming weeks. This is mindfulness in action. Last month I posted about watching your thoughts, words, actions, habits, character, destiny. This is the next step. Namaste.

Schedule changes and special events...
Note: I will be on vacation June 18-July 1, but classes will continue with subs. Please go to Special Events for more details.
  • 108 Challenge: Compassionate Yoga Serving Us All! June 1-18. Check YouTube or Facebook for daily short sequences that are variations of 6 rounds of Sun Salutes; practice every day until June 18 to complete 108 rounds, or a yoga mala. Please contribute to Human Connexus to help us gather 108 donations, a compassionate mala.
  • June 12: Cancer Survivor Day at Kaiser; free yoga with Lorien in 3 different 45-minute sessions. For more information, please click here.
  • Sept 11: Soothe Your Soul Workshop at Breathe Los Gatos, 1:30-3:00pm.
  • SAVE THE DATE: Next retreat is scheduled for April 27-29, 2012 with Lorien and Marti Foster at Mayacamas Ranch in Calistoga. You do not want to miss this one!