Monday, April 1, 2013

The Abundance of Spring


Lorien in 1980
When I was growing up, our home had many small farm animals, even though we weren't on a farm. We had cats and chickens and rabbits and some geese, for a while. We also used most of our backyard to grow fruit and vegetables. What was great about all of this is I was a witness to nature's rhythms. Each spring I watched the green shoots poking through the ground and the tiny balls of fur that would later become cats or rabbits. Each summer and fall I watched the leaves dry out, and the food that we couldn't use returned to the earth. 
Spring has always been my favorite season, with its showy promise of things to come and its wild abundance. This spring is no exception to me. There are so many things happening that I am tempted to become overwhelmed. Then I remember the cool, introverted times of winter and I am grateful for all this opportunity! I hope you find your abundance this spring, too.

Announcements

Please see the Events page for more information about these upcoming special programs:
  • NEW: Kickstarter campaign launching this week!!! I have a project to be launched on www.kickstarter.com and would love you to be a part of it. I'll be sending an email out soon, so look for the details in your inbox shortly.
  • Saturday, April 6 - Sunday April 7: Yin Yoga 14-Hour Immersion; this is open to everyone interested in yin yoga, and there is space still available.
  • Saturday, April 6 - Sunday April 7 AND Saturday, April 13 - Sunday April 14: Yin Yoga Teacher Training
  • Sunday, April 28: Yin Yoga 1-Day Workshop